With offices in San Ramon and Pleasanton, the Silverman Divorce and Mediation Law Firm has been assisting mothers and fathers throughout California's tri-county area, including Contra Costa County and Alameda County, with child custody and child visitation matters since 1967.
I am child custody lawyer Bruce S. Silverman, and I am a certified family law specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization. I have the knowledge and experience to assist you with your child custody or visitation matter, including the following:
- Initial child custody — including sole child custody by one parent or joint child custody by both parents, sometimes referred to as shared parenting and involves joint legal and physical custody of the child or children
- Child custody and child visitation timetables — including the days, hours, weeks or any scheduling of time the child (or children) will spend with his or her mother or father; this is sometimes referred to as a shared parenting plan, custody schedule or visitation schedule
- Paternity testing — to establish parentage and determine a father's rights with respect to child custody, child visitation and child support
- Child custody evaluations — including assisting mothers and fathers prepare and respond to a court ordered child custody evaluation or a voluntary child custody evaluation typically performed by a psychologist
- Child custody modifications and child visitation modifications — including custodial relocation (sometimes called "move away") where one parent relocates to another state or a substantial distance away
For information on your options regarding child custody and visitation, call 925-401-7339, or fill out our intake form on our "Contact Us" page to schedule a confidential consultation. Your child's future is too important to be left in the hands of less experienced lawyers.